My summer is coming to an end and boy was it eventful! Too eventful to even blog much at all, but here is a quick recap of some of my summer-time culinary highlights:
- My friend and I started our own jam business! We make our jams in small batches using local, all-natural, and organic ingredients doing our best to make these jams both tasty and healthful. So far, my favorite jam creations are our Ghost Pepper Jelly, Ginger-Whiskey Marmalade, and Pineapple-Rum Jam. Serious noms! Can you guess what everyone is getting for Christmas???
- I worked at a cute pop-up restaurant with a talented friend who made some seriously tasty dishes and even got to present some of my own dishes! It was a blast!
- I got a Kitchenaid mixer. Woot! Life goal, complete.
- I got the ice cream attachment for my Kitchenaid!! So far my favorite creation was making a vanilla-rum ice cream and then swirling our Pineapple-Rum Jam into it. It’s a boozy party in your mouth. Any weight my family and boyfriend have gained is the result of my ice cream making hobby. (sorry, everyone)
- I’ve developed yet a new hobby/obsession and it’s gardening Who knew I’d become so domestic? I guess that is what approaching your 30s is like. See here.
- Even at the risk of sounding completely boring, seed saving and sharing was another garden related hobby I discovered this summer. Seeds are actually really fascinating and sharing plants/seeds with friends especially fun and rewarding. New life goal, collect as many tomato seeds as I can since they are my fave!